BUILD SOMETHING BEAUTIFUL
We have been operating out of small spaces since we began in 2011. As we expanded, those spaces felt smaller and smaller. Ultimately, our space limited the number of neighbors we could serve. Two years ago, we bought a building in the heart of the historic Atlanta neighborhood of Pittsburgh, with the goal of transforming it into a space in the community, for the community.
Today, we officially have our building permit and we are ready to start construction! We are committed to re-building the space with as much historic integrity as possible, building on the foundations of beautiful work and hope in this community we love.
WHY THE BUILDING? TO PUT IT SIMPLY: IT'S TIME TO GROW.
After 10 years of serving the community through our programming, we are excited to expand into our new community space in the historic Atlanta neighborhood of Pittsburgh. IN the community, FOR the community.
- Offices for the Blueprint 58 team.
- Game room, learning kitchen, library, classroom and conference room, cafe gathering space for neighbors and other partner organizations.
- Space for monthly meetings, mentoring and other events, tutoring, enrichment classes, and more.
- Housing for both staff and youth involved in programming and relationship with Blueprint 58 who may need temporary housing.
- Outdoor space for basketball, sports programming, patio gathering space, and a learning garden.
LOOK HOW FAR WE'VE COME
- Purchased the building and lot on McDaniel.
- Hosted community listening meetings and surveyed the students and neighbors we serve.
- Neighborhood presentations and approvals.
- Variance and zoning hearings and approvals through the city of Atlanta.
- Completed all architectural drawings with pro bono work from renowned Atlanta firm Lord Aeck Sargent.
- Environmental and structural studies of building and site.
- Partnered with Third Lens and Pencor Construction to value engineer drawings and plans to ensure we are stewarding our donor’s gifts well.
- Completed demolition and abatement of the building and property.
- Applied for Land Disturbance permit and building permit and submitted drawings.
OUR PROJECTED TIMELINE
HOW TO GET INVOLVED
To apply for positions with Pencor Construction, please send your resume and work experience to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To offer a bid proposal on the Blueprint 58 Project, please forward all inquiries to: email@example.com.