Blueprint 58 has been operating out of small spaces since we began in 2011. Whether those spaces were our own homes or small churches, as we expanded, those spaces felt smaller and smaller. Ultimately, our space limited the number of neighbors we could serve. So, two years ago we bought a building in the heart of the historic Atlanta neighborhood of Pittsburgh, with the goal of transforming it into a space in the community, for the community. Today, we are finished with demolition and ready to begin construction. We are committed to re-building the space with as much historic integrity as possible, building on the foundations of beautiful work and hope in this community we love.
This building will serve as home base for Blueprint 58, providing our staff with a place to continue developing programs, and offering our community a creative, safe space to incubate transformative relationships that will in turn, impact the community as a whole.
Thanks to the generosity of pro bono architectural work from Lord Aeck Sargent, we have beautiful completed plans for our space that include:
- Offices for the Blueprint 58 team to grow in presence and service to the community.
- Game room, learning kitchen, library, classroom/conference room, and gathering space for neighbors and other partner organizations.
- Space for monthly meetings, mentoring and other events, tutoring, enrichment classes, and more.
- Housing for both staff and transient youth involved in programming and relationship with Blueprint 58 who may need temporary housing.
- Outdoor space for basketball, sports programming, and community garden and education.
- A physical example of the work we do in the community to donors and potential donors.